Thursday, February 6, 2020

                TITTLE-TATTLE


Animated, my voice hushed
            Eyes darting this way, that way
            I leaned forward to decant
            My thoughts, careful to retain
            Dregs of ugly sediments
            Then felt lighter, happier.


In the market of gossip
            In the stalls of small talk
            I quickly became a ware
            Poorly displayed, tagged cheaply
            To be bartered so buyers
            May lend grace to their pleasure.
            Soon, curious stares impaled me
            Broad grins drowned my psyche
            Pitilessly exposed and violated
            I sought barriers that could hide me,
            That could shield me from the plague.


Crammed by people thrust upon me
            I’m crowded out of my life...
            There is no isolated living
            Only a community opposed to privacy.


No comments:

Post a Comment